“MY PASSION IS TO TRANSFORM ORGANIZATIONS INTO HIGH PERFORMING ORGANIZATIONS, WITH A SPECIFIC FOCUS ON CLIENT & DIFFERENTIATION, STRATEGY & EXECUTION, PEOPLE & RESPONSIBILITIES AND REPORTING & TECHNOLOGY” |
Charles is Board Advisor at RIVIONT and has been Commissioner, CEO, CFO, COO, CIO and Partner. He worked nearly 10 years at Shell and 20 years at PwC and IBM, of which 15 years as a Partner and Managing Partner. He was responsible for European IBM Consulting Transportation (Maritime, Aviation, Rail, Road) & Distribution (CPG, Retail) business of 0.5 B$ and in Asia of 1.5 B$. Charles has led more than 300 projects for reputable international and national European, Asian and US companies related to: Strategy, PMI, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, CRM, HR, Sustainability, Technology, Cyber Security.
Before PwC, Charles worked for almost 10 years at Shell obtaining advanced skills in analytical approaches to complex problem solving in the Energy Business Oil & Gas: Process & Project Management, Logistics & Scheduling, Planning & Economics and Strategy & Scenarios.
In 2016, Charles was appointed by the Meratus Shareholders as the 1st non-family Group CEO of the Meratus Group (www.meratusline.com), a 62 years young family owned company with business in South East Asia, the largest Indonesian Transport & Logistics company with 30+ branches, global Alphaliner ranking around No 40 with 60 vessels, 25 tug & barges, more than 100 trucks, 2 major Terminals. Meratus Group has 9 businesses: Shipping Liner, Chartering, Assets, Dry Bulk & Oil & Gas, Ship Maintenance Management, Workshop, Terminals, Logistics and Joint Ventures. In 2020, 3 Third Generation family members were selected to the Board and Charles became Meratus Commissioner.
His passion is to transform organisations into high performing organizations in terms of people, operations, reporting and systems, with a large focus on clients & differentiation, strategy & execution, and technology & digitisation. He has a strong competency for dealing with the dynamics of an organisation in a transformation: PMI, IPO, JV’s, PPP, Multiple Businesses Conglomerate, Family Businesses, Start Ups, Commercial Operating state-owned enterprises.
Charles is a strategic thinker with a hands-on, action-driven mentality and a solid focus on achieving results and benefits in environments with different cultures, stakeholders, norms, values, ways of working and communication.
SECTOR EXPERIENCE |
- Distribution | Travel & Transport, Retail, Consumer Products, Pharma & Life Sciences, Technology
- Industry | Oil & Gas, Metals & Mining, Manufacturing, Automotive, Electronics, Aerospace & Defense
- Government | Ministry of Transport & Public Works, Ministry of Finance
- MSc Energy Engineering, University of Twente
- MBA Economics, European University
- ISO 9000 Quality Auditor
KEY ROLES |
- Shell – Engineer, Process & Project Manager, Economist and Strategist
- PwC Consulting – Partner Travel & Transport Netherlands and Finance Partner for Carve Out with PwC Netherlands
- IBM Consulting – Partner West Europe and Vice President Emerging Markets for Distribution and Industry. Emerging Markets regions – Asia Pacific, Africa & Middle East, Central East Europe and Latin America
- PwC Consulting – Indonesia Managing Partner & CFO, South East Asia COO & CIO and PwC Philippines Chairman
- Meratus Group – CEO and Commissioner
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS |